Wednesday 24 April 2019

Bilingual vocabulary wall

Working in a bilingual school makes you really think about the vocabulary you are teaching. I have just started the Cells unit with my grade 8 MYP students and the vocabulary list is pretty extensive. To support my pupils, we created a bilingual vocabulary wall.


I started by translating the list into Chinese using Google translate. To make sure that the translation is accurate, I asked my phenomenal technician to review it. Once she added her corrections, I used the list as a starter and asked my students to write down the words on cards I prepared early. What's more, we can add more words as we progress with the unit. Simple yet effective, that's what I like :)

Here's an example of Grade 10 vocabulary wall:



I wish you great lessons!

Karolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osmosis - biology demo

Over the summer break I managed to complete a few courses on Future Learn .One of them touched on the topic of osmosis. I mentioned last yea...