Tuesday 16 April 2019

Upthrust practical

I recently had to teach a lesson on upthrust. I wanted to make it more interesting with a class practical and not just have a dry, theoretical lesson. After some research, I came across an interesting practical called "Design a boat" (click here). Despite being designed for primary students, I used it with my Grade 8 MYP Science classes. I was extremely pleased with how much engagement and scientific discussion it created. I really enjoyed watching my pupils going through many designs, testing them and trying to improve it. Having them talk about real life applications was brilliant.





 I wish you great lessons!


 Karolina

2 comments:

Osmosis - biology demo

Over the summer break I managed to complete a few courses on Future Learn .One of them touched on the topic of osmosis. I mentioned last yea...