Saturday 1 December 2018

Stickers and stamps - teacher´s best friend

I always look for the ways of saving time. One of the things that worked really well for me are stickers and stamps. Below are some of the examples of what I use.

1. Personalised stickers as merits

Each school is going to have a different reward system but no matter where you teach, nothing beats a merit sticker. This small token of appreciation always puts a smile on a student´s face and motivates them to work harder.


2. Stickers for marking

I came across the idea of using stickers for marking when I found Mr Thornton Teach website. Greg Thornton is an outstanding history teacher and his website is full of amazing ideas and resources (share it with your history colleagues!). He has loads of history and humanities stickers. Inspired by his work I came up with a couple which worked really well for me:



3. Planner not signed

If you are a form tutor it´s a life saver in the mornings!


4. Homework not done

Another time saver: I started with using stickers but then my HOD suggested stamps specific to each science.
 

5. Verbal feedback given stamp

This stamp is so useful especially when you are observed or if there is a book check. It allows you to have a proof of the fact that you gave your students feedback. Furthermore it opens a dialogue between you and the student as it´s clearly seen in the book how the work was improved once the feedback was given.


The stamps and personalised stickers were ordered either on Ebay or Taobao. The marking stickers were printed on the address labels.

I wish you great lessons!

Karolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osmosis - biology demo

Over the summer break I managed to complete a few courses on Future Learn .One of them touched on the topic of osmosis. I mentioned last yea...