Friday 12 October 2018

Separation techniques summary table

Both KS3 and KS4 students have to learn about different separation techniques. It's a great unit which allows a few hands-on practicals. Once the unit is done, I like to give my students a simple homework task which allows them to consolidate gained knowledge. It's a summary table which you can download directly from my TES profile (KS3 and KS4).

KS3 table includes filtration, evaporation, chromatography and simple distillation. I differentiated the table by including labelled diagrams for those students who are less able. For KS4 students, I also added decantation. I found this resource to be an effective tool for revision and at the same time it allows me to teach my students how to use tables for revision. Also, because the space in the table is restricted, they are forced to include only the most essential information and write in a note form which is a great exam technique.

I wish you great lessons!

Karolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osmosis - biology demo

Over the summer break I managed to complete a few courses on Future Learn .One of them touched on the topic of osmosis. I mentioned last yea...