Monday 29 October 2018

Let YouTube help you teach Science #4

Cells is probably the first topic all students cover in their first biology lesson when they join secondary school. It's often the first occasion when they use the microscope and you get a lot of "wows" in the classroom as they look at different specimens. I like using the video below as fun introduction or in the revision lesson. I like the fact it also reinforces correct spelling of scientific key works with the lyrics coming on the screen.


Which topic/s could you use this video with?
- Biology - cells
- Animal vs. plant cell

Key words:
- animal cell, cell, chloroplast, cytoplasm, membrane, mitochondria, nucleus, organelle, plant cell, vacuole

I wish you great lessons!

Karolina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Osmosis - biology demo

Over the summer break I managed to complete a few courses on Future Learn .One of them touched on the topic of osmosis. I mentioned last yea...